Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's Already Taken Care Of

Good evening and happy Tuesday! This is Michele with you tonight. We are moving into Chapter 20 of the book of John and we will begin with verses 1-10. There is much to be taken from this reading as it focuses on the resurrection of our Lord. Please read with me and listen for the voice of God to speak into your heart.

Early on Sunday morning, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance. (v. 1)

Why was Mary going to the tomb? Was she going to pay her respects? Did she just want to be as close as possible to her Lord and Savior? She had just watched the life-changing death of Jesus two short days ago. Maybe she wanted to spend some time at the place where his body was buried.......a time of reflection on what he had done for her. Whatever reason she had for going to the tomb, Mary was probably blown away by what she saw when she arrived!

Chris and I read this together and he had some great insight into this section of the text. This is what we discussed as we studied together:

Have you ever wondered how a certain task would ever get accomplished? Have you ever spent needless time contemplating how to approach a situation? Have you ever wanted to dismiss a much needed action because you can't wrap your head around what steps need to be taken first? Me too! Mary may have wondered all the way there how she would be able to get into the tomb because of the huge stone that covered the entrance. A stone that she knew she wouldn't be able to move on her own. But, the amazing part is, Jesus had already moved the stone that had previously kept her from his body. She didn't need to be concerned with that at all. There have been numerous times in my life when I've found that my worries were unwarranted because Jesus had already taken care of my issue without my having to do a thing! He's moved many stones out of my way to fulfill his plan. He does the same for all of his children.

Did Jesus roll away the stone so he could get out? No, he moved the stone so others could go in! Our Lord doesn't need a doorway but he's in the art of making doorways for others. He wants us to seek him out. He wants to show us his magnificence and invites us to enter into his presence.

What did Mary, Peter and John find when they looked in the tomb? Jesus' body was no longer there! They saw just what he wanted them to see when they entered the doorway he had provided. And because of what they saw....they believed.

Then the disciple who had reached the tomb first also went in, and he saw and believed- for until then they still hadn't understood the Scriptures that said Jesus must rise from the dead. (8-9)

Lord, give me the wisdom to see the doors that you're opening in my life. Help me to see just what you want me to see as I enter them. Keep my mind focused on you and your reign in my life. You are my King and my guide. Amen

Please share your comments with us. Your thoughts are so important and insightful. Share on facebook also......it's a great way to bless your friends!

3 comments:

  1. The need to go to a grave is something I understand since I lost my beloved husband, Kees, last December. Often while there I hear a little voice in my head saying: " Why do you look for the living among the dead?" And then, I find a lightening of my spirit and dry my tears. What an amazing joy it must have been for Mary Magdalene to find her Lord who she loved RISEN....and to talk to Him again! I just can't help feeling wonderfully encouraged at this beautiful thought! Thanks, Michele! I love your writings!
    K.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding post, Michele! God still moves stones, indeed! I'm counting on him to move one for me right now! Please pray for that as it involves finding my next calling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, Katrinka and Chris. I will pray for both of you as you live your journey w/ Jesus!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete