Monday, March 26, 2012

Update on the Workmans

Hello to all of you! Wow, it has been a very busy couple of weeks full of major transition for me and my family. We are somewhat settled in Peoria now, although most of our belongings are still in storage, awaiting our moving to a more long-term housing situation. Thank you for your patience during this time. I intend to restart the blog with regularity as the opportunity presents itself. There is still a lot of household business that requires my attention at this time.

For now, I'm homeschooling the kids. I intend to do this through the end of the semester...that is, if I don't lose my sanity first! No, they are great students. It just requires a lot of time figuring out what to have them work on. My mom was here with us for the first week and was a great help.

We had our first worship time together at our new church yesterday! It's called Richwoods Christian Church. I started work with them last week. Right now I'm working just half-time overseeing their home-based small groups ministry. There are 24 groups, if I remember correctly. Each has a leader, and there are several coaches who each mentor a number of leaders. I will be supporting the coaches primarily and orchestrating the big picture. Please pray for me in this role that I will be effective and insightful and faithful.

I haven't yet determined what I will be doing to supplement my income. That is a big concern for me right now, and I also need your prayers for that.

It is great being here with Michele and getting to spend time with her on a daily basis! God has blessed me with her love. The kids are doing well and adapting nicely, though missing their friends. My house is up for lease now and Michele's is still up for sale. They are both needing some new people who would like to live and love beneath their roofs.

Even though the blogging may be scarce for a while, I hope that you keep up your conversations with God by staying in his Word. He has so many things to reveal to you there! May he bless you and guide you today.

5 comments:

  1. God bless you in this transition, Chris and Michel. You are both dear to the hearts of many people, and I believe to the Heart of God also for your works sake. We enjoy your blog and want to see it when you are able, but put family and work first at this point and take care of yourselves for the Lord's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it interesting that you move and begin a new life and there is no post on this blog since March and now we are mid May... I was watching to see if God would fall off and He did... I want to believe but really cant because I think it is just a made up version to fit whatever people want it to be until they have something else....I have been watching and hopeing for something real. guess I fooled myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Anonymous, I find it interesting how quick you are to judge me. Perhaps you are looking for an excuse not to believe. If that is your choice, it won't be because I haven't posted lately.

      Actually, God hasn't dropped in my priorities at all. He has just redirected my time and energy into other ways of serving him for this season. I am fully engaged in ministry at a new church in a new city and trying to get acclimated to it all. I have been focusing on ministering to my kids, my fiancee, and all of the new people in my life that I need to get to know here. I'm also still in the middle of major transition in getting my family settled here in Peoria.

      I have indeed missed doing the blog and have wanted to restart it, but I haven't sensed from God that the time it yet right. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to meet your needs in the past couple of months. Know that God loves you and that he is the one who will ultimately meet your needs. Perhaps I will get the opportunity to speak into your life again in the future. Thank you for having given me that honor. God's peace be with your heart.

      Delete
    2. Truth be told I am searching, aching , hurting and I want to believe but I can't feel a thing but despair. I lashed out at you because you were the one person I thought I could look to for the truth. When you fell off the grid due to life I did too. I don't feel God like you do. I dont feel like I am loved and worthy of His love. I want to but all I see is a disaster of a person who just muddles through life. I ask for transformation but none comes. My heart is heavy and sad.. I am sorry if I hurt you.

      Delete
  3. Chris so glad we are blessed at Richwoods to have you! Likewise we pray as you serve our needs we can bless you by opportunity to have your needs met.

    ReplyDelete