Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Drenched

We're going back to Isaiah 41 for another message from God today. Go ahead and listen to what he has to say in verses 17-20. Read it through 2-3 times and focus in on different phrases. Ask God to give you ears to hear. Pick a phrase that is speaking loudly to you and journal your observation and application. Here's mine:

The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. . . . I will turn the desert into pools of water and the parched ground into springs. (v. 17, 18)

God takes pleasure in supplying my most intense needs when I trust him. It's not really my tongue that's parched; it's my soul, when I'm living in the wilderness of doubt and self-direction. My inner life begins to shrivel up. Dreams begin to die. The difference his love and grace and wisdom make in my life is so radical that it's like a desert being morphed into a lush meadow fed by a cool, fresh spring that just keeps gushing. That's what he wants to do in my life. His commands aren't to repress me but to free me so that my inner life and relationships can flourish!

God pour the water of your goodness over me. Drench me in it!

If you'd like to share your thoughts, comment below. Either sign in with your Google account profile or select Anonymous from the drop-down list.

2 comments:

  1. So refreshing to read this passage! Thank you Lord for showering your love upon me, for never leaving me even though I don't deserve your grace. It is only when I come to the end of myself do I truly see that it is you Lord who has done this for me, not myself.

    I love the thought you drenching me in the water of your goodness!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Michele! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete