Monday, February 21, 2011

Rejection

I've been on the go all day. Sorry about getting to this later than usual. But it's good to hear from God in the evening as well as the morning! Today's conversation starts with what God has to say in Isaiah 41:1-16. There is some really encouraging stuff here. Why don't you give it a thoughtful read?

I am holding onto this promise today:

You are my servant; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (v. 9-10)

Rejection. It's an ugly word. I fear it sometimes. I like to be accepted, wanted, appreciated, valued, even desired. It's part of being human. But I don't always get that from people, and when I don't it hurts. But now I know that it doesn't really matter. Because here's the deal: God accepts me! The only perfect one in the universe not only accepts me, he has chosen me. He wants me on his team! And it's not like I was the leftover that the other team didn't want. No, he wanted me enough to pay heavily to get me--more than any signing bonus that any hotshot sports superstar ever got. Wierd, huh? Blows me away!

I'm chosen not to be superstar but a servant. Not to crave the bright lights and cameras but the basin and towel. I know, it's all kind of backwards...in a wonderful way. He doesn't leave me to do the work alone. He serves right alongside me. He's cheering me on. He's telling me to never quit, never give way to discouragement. He's there. He's strong. He's pulling the bulk of the load. Every need he supplies. I never lack the time or resources or money or talent or opportunity to do exactly what he has called me to do. And I'll serve a God like that until my dying day. Check that--forever!

Holy God, thank you that when I come before you you never reject me. It's an honor to be on your team!

If you'd like to share your thoughts, comment below. Either sign in with your Google account profile or select Anonymous from the drop-down list.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!
    My whole childhood/young adult life I lived in fear of rejection; family, friends, work place... because my demeanor is well, kinda gruff; matter of factly. I have been told people do not know how to take me. And that's fine. I live with that to this day, BUT I also found the truth in God, that no matter what, He loves me, He made me and molded me into the person I am today.. and I FINALLY like and accept the person I am. Still to this day I do NOT like being the center of attention, I don't take compliments well, if there is good in me it is of God, and not ME. I serve Him.I LOVE to serve Him. Do I get rejected by people? Yup! Do I fear rejection? Nope... It's not MY problem... If people don't like me, they can settle it up with God. My eyes are focused on Him, I pray His will be done, I am His child, regardless. Thank You Lord for saving me, calling me as Your own. Thank You for showing me I am not alone. Thank You wonderful Jesus for carrying me through the tough times and not rejecting me, even when I had rejected You. Forgive me Lord.

    ReplyDelete