Friday, February 18, 2011

My One Constant

Happy Friday! We need to hear from God as we head into the weekend. Let's spend a minute in Isaiah 40:27-31. It's short and powerful! Read it two or three times and notice every phrase. I encourage you to write in a journal what is standing out to you and why. Here's mine:

The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary. . . . He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. (v. 28-29)

God, though I get weary and burned out sometimes, you never do. You are perfectly constant. Every day for you is your best day! You don't have off days like I do. And what's more, you lend your strength and power to me and others who believe in you and who look expectantly to you for help.

I'm so glad that I can rest in the everlasting God whose love and energy never, ever quit on me. In my life, he's my one constant.

If you'd like to share your thoughts, comment below. Either sign in with your Google account profile or select Anonymous from the drop-down list.

4 comments:

  1. Good thoughts,Chris. Weary and tired is a constant for me right now, and this is very applicable. Thanks for the encouragement! Our God is our refuge, an ever-present help in times of trouble or anytime. I need to remember to take Him with me everyday, everywhere.
    ~Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that when we trust in God we find new strength! Like you Chris, I get worn out and I feel hopeless at times. I am so thankful that I don't have to go at this alone. God is always w/ us and will give us the strenth to overcome!Thank you Chris, I needed to hear this today.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN! God strengthens me, daily. Every morning I usually spend my 5:30 time slot with Him, but the past few days I haven't, and I can tell... mentally, emotionally, physically. When I am in constant prayer, I am always lifted up... when I am "too busy", somehow, it always catches up with me. Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved hearing the break down of these verses from Kevin on Sunday. Definitely makes it easier to remember the verse now.

    ReplyDelete