Wednesday, February 16, 2011

V

All right, I hope you're doing well today! Ready for a conversation with God? Let's spend a few minutes in 1 John 5:1-13. What do you think God wants to get across to you in this moment?

Everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. . . . I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. (v. 4, 13)

When life seems hard and its struggles inescapable, it's important to remember that there isa way to win in this life and the next. God didn't birth us for defeat but for victory! The victory won't always be realized in ideal outcomes in every situation. It will be fought for and attained through continuing to trust God through the struggle.

When I trust God enough to follow the way of Jesus (that's called faith), I know I'm going to win. Even when the world appears to have me beaten I will emerge the winner. God has guaranteed it. Thank you, Father, for giving me a kind of life that will last eternally. Not even death can take it away. This is my confidence through Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I will claim this as mine. I needed it, to be nudged and reminded it's about knowing that you have the victory, no matter what the world may say, no matter what it may look like on the outside. The victory is already ours!

    ReplyDelete